Skip to main content

Chloe

                                                                  
My tribute to Chloe Blohm (1991-2012)


“Anything is possible if you believe!” -Chloe Blohm



This was my friend Chloe. Chloe had Muscular Dystrophy. I've never met anyone like this sweet girl in my life. She was so free and so incredibly brave. She was empowered by a little body she could not move. She could not walk. She could only slightly move her neck and her hands.

And, she was an artist - a painter, a writer, a poet, a funny-girl, a believer, a teacher. She was so intelligent, such an old and beautiful soul.

Chloe just passed away this year. She was 19 years old. I want to share her message now. She did her best to do the same while she was here. Her message was belief in one's self and compassion for another. Her message was hope. Chloe spoke to children at elementary schools regularly. She encouraged these young people to practice compassion for those who are different - to be kind, to treat others the way you would wish to be treated. An angel she was. She was a vocal chord for Love, a voice I will forever listen to until my day too has come. Chloe believed in herself and she loved her life. Her tiny arms were decorated in tattoos and she sported a different hair color every other month - black, platinum-blonde, red. She made the best of her short life, a life she lived on only borrowed time.


And, she asks us to make the best of ours, to believe in ourselves no matter how different we are - no matter how broken we are. Paint a picture, sing a song, write your story...just believe. Live. That's what Chloe did.


We're all on borrowed time. So, we have to learn to live like we're dying. There's no better way to live...before we die. And, we all die. Then what? Now's our chance to make a difference in people's lives, to reach out, to give and to love.


I went on a hike yesterday, it was such a beautiful day. A girl walked by wearing a shirt that read, 


"Love to be Free."


Only love can set us free... and free we can be.


Dear Chloe,

Where ever you've moved on to...may your Light and sweet soul shine on forever, and may Heaven bless you now with the freedom to dance. Rest in peace lovely.

A painting by Chloe...



Chloe's poetry and blog:



Below is an inspirational video featuring Chloe speaking to children about compassion and awareness:







Love & Light.
AM




Comments

  1. thank you very much for posting this. <3 in her blog, her words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading David. Love and light to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the show

We're not big and we're not small because who we are can't be measured or compared, not with anyone or anything or any other life out there. We don't have edges, we're not a cliff off a canyon. We don't have sides, we're not a box. We don't have walls. And anyone who tries to climb over yours has surely lost their way because there is no wall to climb. There is just... you. Sad you. Happy you. Hurt you. Brave you. Honest you. Broken you. Angry you. Lonely you. Enthralled you. Fantastic... you. You're not an object, and though you may feel objectified and on edge, boxed into a life you didn't want, you're actually a platform. You were built by the mercy of your own will to carry on, to keep dancing - to keep smiling because darling, this is theatre!!! And all life is a stage and you're on it. You decide if the show must go on. And the show must go on. We don't choose this life, you see. It chooses us like a stylist chooses our dress, o

my own hero

I just realized I've been away for over a year, and for nearly a year I've been back in Los Angeles...living and working harder than I've ever worked in my wildest days. I wrote a tv show about my life ... and some big things are happening right now.  I just wanted to share something very personal... about myself. Per usual, but this time I'm taking you and myself back to where it all began - to the day I died so that the hero in me...  could be conceived .  I went to 17 schools as a kid, and that’s not counting community college. I failed the first grade because I was unable to focus past the gnarly curveballs that life had already started throwing at me. I sat alone at the lunch table in 5th grade every single day while resisting a strong urge to cry just long enough to get home, where I could sob in the privacy of my own bedroom, where I spent most of my time writing to escape the loneliness that was my actual life. In 9th grade, I sat outside with a p

you can

Letting go... It's not just something we do with our stuff, it's a way of life. It's a balancing act. Oh but it's not act. It's a choice. A daily one.  I coach people through the process of "purging". I've been told that just my presence alone has helped these individuals finally make a choice. Keep. Don't Keep. Shred. Donate. TRASH. And oh how liberating the trash CAN, can be. Even the word encompasses self empowerment.  You  can throw out what isn't working for you anymore. The thing is, we don't think we can and understanding this folly is the our first step toward change. Changing our minds, to be more exacting. Our mind is the problem. Did you know that? Well, it is.  One of my favorite quotes is; "If you think you can, you can." ~Meryl Streep.  It worked for her didn't it? She must have thought eons ago; I can be an actress. I can be a very successful one too!  And viola! Oh but it's not that easy.  Meryl Streep was