Skip to main content

come alive.





"Live each present moment completely and the future will take care of itself."  




-From a wonderful book entitled, Inner Peace...How to be Calmly Active and Actively Calm, by Paramahansa Yogananda

  
  
Come Alive!

To me, we must first understand fear


This is a piece I wrote in my debut November Newsletter, "Heart & Soul". The portion became more intricate and expansive than I was expecting, my fingers and thoughts were on a roll. After writing it, I thought it was perfect for November's blog. So, here's what I had to say in my newsletter.


Regarding Fear...


Lets embrace our fear today and make it our best friend! Let's do this by living fully in the present moment, starting right this second.   
  


One deep breath in. Let it out. Let it go. Om. 

When we transform our fear into our dearest confidant, we defy it. By trusting the tremendous "pressure"  we feel when faced with the onus of the day, and by passionately petitioning our very own doubts that consume us, we become more conscious of the profound insight that awaits it's discovery within us. This moves us inward and this moves us Forward. And as we move forward, we eventually reach the end of the "tunnel", so-to-speak. Maybe this is when we die, or maybe this is when we finally come Alive! To come alive is to see the Light while wildly muddled in the haziest of the fog. It's to be fortified while being completely swallowed whole by uncertainty as though a colossal whale has devoured us at sea. Life is like the ocean, furious hurricanes cause violently impulsive waves to thrust us up and into an open sky of conundrum. We don't know where we go from here. We swim, we float, we drown, or maybe we're washed up to the shore like a message in a bottle. What's inside of us? What is the message?? With our bodies meek and limber, and our toes nestled in the sand like seashells, maybe we begin to pray. Maybe we just close our eyes and breath in truth for a moment. Exhausted by the torment of the waves and now resting ashore, maybe we begin to cry. Maybe we begin to cry for help. God? We do need divine help and guidance in this quandary of an "ocean life". And...a catch-22 it is indeed, to say the least. We need fear to overcome fear. To grow emotionally and spiritually, and to evolve into our soul essence is an absolute, 100 % paradox. And, when the tsunami of pain vigilantly devastates us again and again with it's enraged winds and harmful doings, robbing us blind of everything-all of our stuff, all of our pride, all of our dignity, all of our hope-love will be all that's left. Love is the only thing that can survive the ravage and the damage we do in this world. Though sadly, today love is insanely outweighed by an array of bursting egos, egos that are actually causing all of the harm. And, this has become quite an infectious avarice, one in need of dire healing and transformation. A "revelation" is the word. I pray one day everything changes...for the better, starting with you and me. Like Gandhi said, we have to be the change we wish to see in the world. Though, not everyone changes, nor do they want to. But, if we have anything in common at all, and I think we do, it's that  most of us, if not all of us, just want to be loved. We want to be deeply loved beyond our comprehension, whether we're aware of it or not. We all want to see the light at the end of the long and dark tunnel. It's the light that lives inside of us. The day does break for everyone. We all matter. We just have to stay strong enough to awaken our hearts to the sunshine. Find your sunshine at your shoreline and be that message in the bottle. 

And remember, when fear and love work together as a team, nothing can stop us from doing more and being more for ourselves...and for each other.   

Evolving into our "higher" self is a life long  journey. Extending our broken hearts and expanding and renewing our injured confidence is an everlasting process, and that process starts somewhere deep down inside of us. We have to forgive ourselves and love ourselves enough to trust where we are and to trust who we are. And, we must embrace our fear and make it our teacher in this process. If we don't, fear will always be fear and it will forever stand in our way, blocking us from truth and happiness. Truth and happiness is the birth of unity and oneness.

May we completely cultivate into the compassionate creators and visionaries we were born to be by making fear our best friend, not our worst enemy. Do this for yourself. Do this someone else. Do this for the world.   
  

And, let's come Alive....while we're still alive!






Love and Light to you,
AM 
  



"The time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted."


-John Lennon





Comments

  1. Wonderful blog. A most inspiring palette to help start change to oneself and the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the show

We're not big and we're not small because who we are can't be measured or compared, not with anyone or anything or any other life out there. We don't have edges, we're not a cliff off a canyon. We don't have sides, we're not a box. We don't have walls. And anyone who tries to climb over yours has surely lost their way because there is no wall to climb. There is just... you. Sad you. Happy you. Hurt you. Brave you. Honest you. Broken you. Angry you. Lonely you. Enthralled you. Fantastic... you. You're not an object, and though you may feel objectified and on edge, boxed into a life you didn't want, you're actually a platform. You were built by the mercy of your own will to carry on, to keep dancing - to keep smiling because darling, this is theatre!!! And all life is a stage and you're on it. You decide if the show must go on. And the show must go on. We don't choose this life, you see. It chooses us like a stylist chooses our dress, o

my own hero

I just realized I've been away for over a year, and for nearly a year I've been back in Los Angeles...living and working harder than I've ever worked in my wildest days. I wrote a tv show about my life ... and some big things are happening right now.  I just wanted to share something very personal... about myself. Per usual, but this time I'm taking you and myself back to where it all began - to the day I died so that the hero in me...  could be conceived .  I went to 17 schools as a kid, and that’s not counting community college. I failed the first grade because I was unable to focus past the gnarly curveballs that life had already started throwing at me. I sat alone at the lunch table in 5th grade every single day while resisting a strong urge to cry just long enough to get home, where I could sob in the privacy of my own bedroom, where I spent most of my time writing to escape the loneliness that was my actual life. In 9th grade, I sat outside with a p

you can

Letting go... It's not just something we do with our stuff, it's a way of life. It's a balancing act. Oh but it's not act. It's a choice. A daily one.  I coach people through the process of "purging". I've been told that just my presence alone has helped these individuals finally make a choice. Keep. Don't Keep. Shred. Donate. TRASH. And oh how liberating the trash CAN, can be. Even the word encompasses self empowerment.  You  can throw out what isn't working for you anymore. The thing is, we don't think we can and understanding this folly is the our first step toward change. Changing our minds, to be more exacting. Our mind is the problem. Did you know that? Well, it is.  One of my favorite quotes is; "If you think you can, you can." ~Meryl Streep.  It worked for her didn't it? She must have thought eons ago; I can be an actress. I can be a very successful one too!  And viola! Oh but it's not that easy.  Meryl Streep was